Monday, January 24, 2011

Big bird and bird turds

I decided last Thursday that my evening crowd was going to decoupage vases as the "activity" for the night. Some hilarious things ensued.

As "M" is trying to put a tissue paper square on the vase, she says this, verbatim.

"Ohhh! Big bird.
Bird turd. Oh lord."

I immediately burst into laughter. Tears were literally streaming down my face and I had to double over because my abs were screaming.

I grabbed my phone and immediately made a note on what she said. She asked what I was doing and I told her that I was quoting her for the purpose of being able to blog on what she had said. This is what she said to that:

"Blog? Can we blog here? (looking around)
Did you guys ever blog? (looking at the other ladies at that the table)
Did you ever jog?
I'm rhyming, I know it."

(Again, I had to double over.)

Trying to put more tissue paper on her vase, she goes, "Shut."

"D" says, "What did you say, "M?"

M: "Shut. I didn't swear."

And once again, I'm crying. I asked "M" if I could blog about this scenario. She agreed, even though she still didn't understand what I meant by blog, and I took a picture of the process.


She wanted to be in the picture, but I told her that I wasn't allowed to do that. When she asked why, I tried explaining that I work "for" her, that I'm an employee. Her response:

"You work for me? Well get your ass up and finish this vase for me! Stop your giggling."

Ah yes, I have the best job.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Gale said...

Hahahha. You do have the best job! I want it. It's the best when you work with great peeps and nonsense occurs.

I love that last line LOL.

"You work for me? Well get your ass up and finish this vase for me! Stop your giggling."