Sunday, February 12, 2012

daddy-o

Happy Birthday, Dad!! I'm sorry I can't be there to celebrate with you, but I wish you the happiest of days.






































Some of my favorite memories are watching, All Creatures Great and Small with you and mom.

























Do you remember when I used to have my ringtone for when you called set to the Imperial March. FOREBODING!



Thanks for writing all of those arrangements for the quartet with Julia and Victoria and Sara... and for helping me practice my violin for all of those years.

Thanks for helping me go to Kenya, Mexico, etc., and for buying me the electric violin that I got to use in church.

Thanks for never making me feel like I had screwed up so badly. There are plenty of people out there who are made to feel unworthy of their parents' love. I've never had to feel that way, even when I've done some really, really stupid things.

Dad, I'm getting married in July. Eventually, I hope to have a family of my own. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of what it means to be a good dad. I will never forget that day, a very long time ago, a Sunday (??)... we were all getting ready for dessert, and I wasn't allowed to have any until I had finished my mashed potatoes. For some reason, the potatoes suddenly tasted horrible, and I started gagging on them. Mom and everyone else got to eat dessert (whatever it was), but you waited for me to finish my dinner before you would eat your own dessert. It may seem like an inconsequential act, but for you to join me in my misery meant the world. You've done things like this over and over again... and I just wanted to let you know that it didn't go unnoticed.

For those of you who are reading this, if you're curious as to what kind of a man my father is, watch the video below. My dad had a heart attack when I was 18 years old, and we almost lost him. This is a video of his testimony from the hospital... and then later on in the video, I'm up on stage at church sharing a small portion of my testimony regarding the event. I still get tearful thinking about it. (The quality and sounds is pretty horrible, but it's worth watching, if you care to.)




Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad!! I love you so much.

2 comments:

Heather said...

How are there no comments on this? Good grief. I just cried my eyes out. :) You have great parents and you're pretty cool too. Somehow in all the stories we've shared, i didnt know about this event in your life. . . but I just wanted to say, "I love you." That is all. :) And you look so young...ha

Anonymous said...

Barbour Jackets UK,r9fi63, Arcteryx Sale,h6hm48, Canada Goose Jackets,d2ji69, Canada Goose Jackets,w5ht27,