Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Chronicles

It has been a busy week/end!

To start it all off, on Thursday, Kathy and I helped the residents at work color Easter eggs. Everything went really well until we collided and we spilled orange dye all over my pants and shoes. I had orange legs for quite a while. All in a day's work, I say.



On Friday, I was given the honor of dressing up as the Easter Bunny for a daycare that visited our facility for an Easter Egg Hunt.  The residents loved watching mini humans run around finding 420 eggs that we had hidden in the dining room. (The weather was horrible, so we had to move the hunt inside.) I got made fun of a lot, but I'll admit that I had a good time. (I blurred the edges of the picture, because I can't have pictures of the residents on here.)



These kids were kindergarten age (I think?), and there was a group of them sitting at my feet when they were counting eggs. I kept cracking up because they would just stare at me. I was like, "WHAT'S ON MY FACE?!" until I'd realize that I was dressed up in a gigantic bunny costume. Then it made sense.
One of the kids looked at me and said, "You're not real." I was appalled, so I responded, "Yes, I am." He said, "No, you're not. You're not real." I said, "Prove it." I should have been fired from bunny duty, but I wasn't.

On Saturday I went to Red Velvet with Amy, Lydia, Mandy, Kim, Tiffany, Keisha and Lillian. You can check out their blogs about the day by clicking on the links in "Blogs I Love." They all took pictures... I didn't. Haha. Anyway, I'm not much of a clothes shopper/vintage wearer, but I did like the way that the shop was decorated. I would have bought stuff to decorate my house with, had that stuff been for sale.
Anyway, I had peach tea with boba pearls in it, which was delicious. I highly recommend it. I was so glad to meet Mandy and Kim, and it was wonderful seeing the other girls again.

Sunday was awesome! Antho and I went to Harrison, Arkansas again to go to church with his family. The service was a little different from what I'm used to, but I definitely enjoyed being there. It was a good reminder of why I even celebrate Easter, given that I have been (literally) wrapped up in bunnies and eggs for the last several weeks.
We ate a great potluck lunch after church, and Ant's mom made a super incredible Mississippi Mud Cake  and I could have eaten the crust as my main meal. But I didn't.
During lunch, I introduced Lindsey to the pink Starburst jelly beans and referred to the pink one as the "Queen" of jelly beans. Several hours later she mentioned the queen jelly bean and I was oh so proud. (She also, without thinking about it, addressed me as "Aunt Liz" and my heart melted. I'm not her aunt, but I'd be happy to be an honorary aunt to both her and Bren.)
We went back to their parents' house for the kids to do an Easter Egg Hunt. They were so cute running around the house looking for eggs.



 Ant and I got in a cupcake war, but I had the last say. Liz=1, Ant=0. I wish I had a picture of it. We had blue frosting all over our faces. (I'm also noticing that I have a cupcake problem. I can't just make one batch. I have to make.. like.. at least three. So now I have tons of cupcakes.)


Oh, and why was the frosting blue? Let me tell you, via text messages:


Me: What kind of cupcakes do you want for Easter
Ant: Chocolate rain
Me: Seriously. I'm in Walmart.
Ant: Yellow
Me: With chocolate frosting?
Ant: No, blue
Me: This is getting to be less and less funny
Ant: I'm serious
Me: Fine
5 minutes later
Ant: Did you get me the blue kind?
Me: Yes
Ant: You are the best girlfriend :)


Anyway, after the egg hunt, Amy made deviled eggs out of the hard-boiled eggs that she and the kids had dyed beforehand. I think I ate about 5 halves. Yum.


It was such an awesome weekend. My weekends are becoming constant reminders of how blessed I am.

So aside from Easter, the only interesting thing going on is the massive amount of RAIN that we have been getting! It's unbelievable. I'm doing a lot more laundry, now that I have to change pants every time I go anywhere new. 



As far as the rest of the week goes, I'm in "finals mode," or at least, I should be. I'm starting to freak out about where I'm going to go to graduate school... And I'm really nervous about getting all of my projects done. I'm at the point where I'm so overwhelmed by everything that I have to get done that I don't want to do any of it. But I have to. Blah. I'm trying to take my own advice, so I have made a list of everything I have to get done for the rest of the semester, and I'm physically crossing things off so that I feel like I've at least done something productive. 

Okay- that's it, I think! Thanks for reading!

Cheers :)

13 comments:

Gwiddle said...

Bahahah. I LOVE the bunny costume, how great is that?? Also spilling egg dye all over sounds like it sucked.. I'm sorry. At least you dyed eggs?? I did nothing of the sort. Kind of sad about it. haha. Good luck with all of your finals!!

amyschmamey said...

It was a great weekend and you look awesome as the Easter bunny ha ha ha. I hope you do well on your finals and I am sure you will find the perfect grad school.

Shewearscrazywell said...

You make the cutest Easter Bunny!!! Adorable! I do hate to have the bottom of my pants soggy from rain too. This is why I always keep a few pairs of high waters...long enough to hide my hairy legs if I don't feel like shaving (or can't because of the ol' broken back) and short enough to not get soooo soggy! :) Now I've passed the secret to you...wear it in good faith, my friend! Hearts, Janna Lynn P.S. Goood luck on the finals! :)

Katie said...

You're so lucky you got to go to Red Velvet! I'm way to far away too go.
What a bummer about the orange dye. I would have been p-o'd.
You look quite cute in the bunny outfit, although I definitely don't blame you for being embarrassed :P I LOVE your response to the little kid! Hahaha :)

Good luck with finals!

Unknown said...

Now Miss Liz, if you were sitting across from you as you were reaching that point of panic attack over all the things you want to get done, what would your advice be? You've done the first part, made a list to see what needs to be done and to cross things off to show your progress. The next thing is to remember you can only do one thing at a time, do the thing that is right in front of you and most important.

OK got that? Now most importantly, don't forget to take a deep breath, ok, now another one. In, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Out, ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Again . . . OK feeling a bit better? Good.

I had fun with you Saturday! I love your humor! You make me giggle.

I'm sorry you had orange legs for a while. I'm sorry but I probably would have laughed. . .but then I'd have laughed at myself, after getting mad first! Ha!

I'm glad you had a good Easter. It sounds like it was a blast Aunt Liz!

Anonymous said...

I am dying to post a picture of you in your bunny suit at age 2. However, you were wearing for Halloween, not Easter. You were terrified of the Easter Bunny when you were little!

Heather said...

I am no longer mentioned in your blog.


I love you too.


Next time you invite me somewhere...we will go somewhere cool . . . so its worth mentioning me.

Antiquing? Pottery making? Cliff diving?

Oh, the possibilities.

;) loves.

Melanie said...

sounds like an awesome easter :) i laughed out loud a the texting convo!

Mandy said...

You are such a good sport, for both the bunny costume and the blue frosting. ;)

You'll have to tell me how Red Velvet was in your next letter!

<3,
M

Twells said...

Egg dye smells.

I like your text convo haha.

THE ORIGINAL BAD GIRL said...

So glad you got everything i sent you and liked it!, I'd love to see some photos of you wearing them? :P. You look so cute in the bunny out fit, your easter looks like it was fun! and I'm jealous you got to go to red velvet, the shop looks so pretty.
hugs, Chloe.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

That rainbow egg picture makes me smile! So pretty!
You make a very cute bunny!

Ok srsly! Anthony and Lindsey both melted my heart all the way here in Texas!!! How sweet is she to call you her aunt? And he is just to cute for words. I love when Steven is buggin the crap out of me and then he turns it all around and says something sweet. Things like that make the world go round!

Hope you get relief from the rain soon!

Lydia said...

I am glad you had an awesome Easter weekend! It was awesome to actually hang out this time, too.

Deep breaths, finals will be over soon and then you'll be able to relax.